The fall season is quickly approaching, and with it comes the end of hurricane season. But unfortunately, September and October are historically some of the most active hurricane months.
To ensure the safety of our clients and the community, Guardian Fleet Services is here to offer special transport services necessary to prepare for and recover from destructive storms.
Services we offer include:
- Emergency generator transport
- Vehicle and equipment transport
- Oversized machinery transport
- Rotator and high-speed crane services up to 100 Tons
- Emergency recovery of flood and devastated vehicles of all sizes
- Recovery of wind-impacted trailers and commercial equipment
- Off-road recovery
As many know, hurricanes in Florida are inevitable, but responsible preparation is important for ensuring the best possible outcomes for all. Essential preparation for your home and business includes:
- Clear your yard, making sure there’s nothing that could blow around during the storm and damage your home or other structures.
- Move large items, such as bikes, lawn furniture, grills, propane tanks, and building material inside or under shelter.
- Fill your car’s gas tank and move it to a safe location, preferably in a garage or under shelter.
- If something is too large to move inside, secure it as best as possible.
- If you have a generator, ensure you have enough fuel to power it.
- Cover up windows and doors, using storm shutters or plywood. This can help reduce the risk of broken glass.
- Fill clean water containers with drinking water. You can also fill up your sinks and bathtubs with water for washing.
- Check your carbon monoxide (CO) detector’s battery to prevent CO poisoning.
- Prepare emergency supplies, such as food, water, and medicine.
- Keep a list of emergency numbers handy and program them into your phone.
- Gather and secure important documents such as medical documents, wills, passports, and personal identification. Make sure they are safe from any water damage and can be easily grabbed in the event of an evacuation.
At Guardian Fleet Services, our team is always prepared for a natural disaster. After 50 years of serving the state of Florida, our drivers and crew members are well-trained in the event of a hurricane and are equipped to handle any situation.
Emergency protocols, supplies, and equipment are in place to ensure our fleet is accessible when our community needs us. If you find yourself in need of our services before or after a storm, call us at 866-475-9001.